Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Do not eat or drink (including water) for at least six (6) hours prior to your appointment.
- Do not smoke on the day of your surgical appointment and preferably, two to three days after your procedure to avoid post-operative pain and infection.
- If you are under the age of 18, a responsible adult must be present at the time of surgery.
- Following sedation, all patients must have a responsible adult to accompany them home. Public transportation is not suitable following anesthesia; a cab ride is permitted.
- Please wear comfortable, loose clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish on the day of the surgery.
- If you have any current illnesses prior to your appointment, please notify the office immediately.
Please consult with Dr. Patel on directions of current medications taken. He will direct you on how to manage your current medications.
For questions, to schedule an appointment, or to learn more about procedures and our other services, contact OMS today.